By Tracy Pendergast
Ok, I realize the title of this post can be a little misleading. To be clear: we’re going to make a Dutch baby, also known as a German pancake! No real babies will be made or harmed during this process.
Dutch babies are so easy to make- but somehow this simple egg + milk + flour recipe looks super impressive. Let’s do it!
I like to pre-measure all the ingredients and then let the kiddos pour them into the blender.
My job is to plug little ears when the blender is on, and I’m totally cool with that.
This recipe is really great at making you feel like a chef. How beautiful is this right out of the oven? Scroll down for all the deets!
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- 2/3 cup room temperature milk
- 1/2 cup flour firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut oil non-stick spray or clarified butter
- Preheat oven to 425 and put your cast iron pan inside to preheat.
- Put all ingredients in a blender until mixture is smooth.
- Carefully remove your pan with a mitt, and quickly hit it with cooking spray or clarified butter. Pour the mixture into the pan and return to oven.
- Bake at 425 for 20 min. or until the top is a light golden brown.
- Garnish with butter, fresh lemon juice, syrup, berries (whatever sounds good to you!)